In brief: WebbPSF, the astronomer's PSF simulation tool for JWST, now supports the WFIRST WFI (Wide Field Instrument). Furthermore, it can apply field dependent wavefront aberrations across the (immense) WFI field of view. There is also a new Jupyter Notebook-based graphical interface for computing PSFs with various input spectra and field positions, for users that would rather not script calculations themselves.
Here are some places you can learn more about this software:
- WFIRST Software: WebbPSF summary
- Installation instructions (JWST and WFIRST)
- WebbPSF v0.4.0 release notes
I've also created printed materials and given some presentations on this functionality:
- Simulating the Point-Spread Functions of JWST and WFIRST Instruments (contributed talk presented at the AAS 227 meeting, January 2016)
- Simulating PSFs for WFIRST-AFTA (handout distributed by STScI at the AAS 227 meeting, January 2016)
- Overview of STScI Support for WFIRST (handout distributed by STScI at the AAS 227 meeting, January 2016)
- Simulating WFIRST PSFs across the Wide Field Imager with WebbPSF (poster presented at the Mocking the Universe workshop at STScI, 2015)
Note: these are the final PDFs as presented or distributed. Certain things (particularly code samples) might have changed in the meantime.